Theme – Portraits
An open-ended interpretation of portraiture. The contest is open to all media and all styles. Portraits may be literal or nonliteral representations (i.e. collage, digital collage, abstract works, etc. also accepted).
The 2011 All-Media Cover Contest is FREE to enter and is open to all Art Calendar readers. Portrait artwork submissions may be made at www.ArtCalendar.com/CoverContest2011. No photographs, slides or CDs sent by mail to Art Calendar will be eligible. Limit of one entry per person.
Submissions are accepted 11/20/2010 through 1/2/2011 at 23:59 EST. A panel composed of Art Calendar staff and contributing writers will jury the contest. The winner will be notified by 1/6/2011.
Awards and Prizes
First Place: $500 Blick Art Materials Gift Certificate. Artwork featured on the cover of the March issue of Art Calendar and a one-page profile inside the magazine.
Second Place: $150 Blick Art Materials Gift Certificate. Half-page profile inside the March issue of Art Calendar with an image of submitted artwork.
Third Place: $100 Blick Art Materials Gift Certificate. Half-page profile inside the March issue of Art Calendar with an image of submitted artwork.
Rules & Information
- Images must be no larger than 2MB in size.
- Images should be submitted at 72PPI, but winners will be required to provide the images at 300PPI.
- Image should be conducive to cover proportions.
- All submitted work must be original.
- All 2-D and 3-D mediums accepted (e.g. drawings paintings, photographs, sculpture, digital); excludes video and sound-based art.
- No images containing nudity, violence, sex, guns or skulls. Issues spend a month on newsstands and bookstores within sight of children.
- Art Calendar reserves the right to reject work for any reason.