Starting Your Career as an Artist, by Wojak and Miller
This comprehensive manual is full of effective tools and sound advice for artists seeking to advance their professional careers.
Veteran art career professionals Angie Wojak and Stacy Miller show aspiring artists how to evaluate their goals, create a plan of action, and use their talents to build a productive life in the art world. In addition, the book includes inspiring and insightful interviews with professional artists and well-known players in the art scene.
Chapters cover topics essential to the emerging artist, such as:
• Setting up a studio
• Health and safety for artists
• Artist’s resumes and CV’s
• Developing marketing plans
• Finding alternative exhibition venues
• Building community through networking
• Collaborating and finding mentors
• Refining career aspirations
This invaluable resource is sure to encourage and inspire artists to create their own opportunities as they learn how the creativity that occurs inside the studio can be applied to developing a successful career in the art world.