Japan Day is inviting all visual artists to submit their work to Japan Day Art Contest to select our Japan Day Official Artist 2018.
We are accepting submissions that incorporate the three themes of New York, Japan, and Central Park. The chosen artwork will become the official image of Japan Day @ Central Park 2018, and will be used for the official poster, programs, flyer, and T-shirts. Several artists will receive honorable mentions.
Japan Day Official Artists will receive a pair of round trip tickets to Japan provided by ANA and all the winning artworks will be displayed at an exhibition space on the 18th floor of the Consulate General of Japan in New York.
All winners will be announced in March 2018. The awards will be presented on the day of event in May 2018.
– Art must incorporate all of the following three themes: “New York,” ”Japan,” and “Central Park.”
– Size must be 24″ tall x 18″ wide.
– Only two-dimensional media is accepted.
– Only one submission per artist will be accepted.
– All entries must be the original work of the entering artist.
– Artwork which has been submitted to previous contests and/or previously shown or published is not eligible.
– Artwork does not need to include the Japan Day logo or any text related to the event.
– Artwork that violates copyrights, intellectual property rights, and/or any related rights of a third party, is not eligible. (For example, the use of existing anime characters would be a violation of copyrights.)
– Art must not contain explicit sexuality, violence, or any discriminatory elements.
– The final layout and design of the poster, flyer and other publicity materials will be created and approved by Japan Day Inc. Artist’s approval is not required for publication.
– By submitting their artwork, artists grant Japan Day Inc. the right to use their work for the purpose of marketing, exhibition and other Japan Day-related uses.