The Business of Being an Artist, by Daniel Grant
In the fourth edition of this essential artists’ reference, art world insider Daniel Grant offers a comprehensive guide to making a living through art.
This new edition has been updated to include sections on how to market and sell art in a weak economy and how to succeed in the business of marketing online, including tips on creating a successful website and blog. Complete with anecdotes from successful artists, the book covers everything from art gallery etiquette to the legal rights of artists, including chapters on:
• Making the transition from school to the working world
• Searching for funding through grants and fellowships
• Developing relationships with art dealers
• Handling criticism and rejection
• How to stay safe in the studio
The Business of Being an Artist is an invaluable resource for art students, aspiring artists, and professional artists who want to learn all there is to know about successfully navigating the world of art.