In keeping with our mission to strengthen the local artist-printmaker community and help printmakers gain recognition as artists, Rubber City Prints is taking entries for our gallery/studio space at 467 W. Market St., Akron Ohio 44303.
Announcing our first in house print show, “Divergent INK: Black & White International Print Show, Autumn 2017” This show is inspired by the original members show in November of 2014 when Rubber City Prints first opened its doors to educating the public in the fine art of printmaking and sharing our studio services with Akron, Ohio.
This autumn we encourage the local, national and international artists to join together and give the Akron, Ohio community a show that displays diversity, contrast, and individuality. “Divergent INK” will capture harmony and uniformity within the relative degrees of black and white ink. We hope to link our world of contrast with the subtleties of printmaking in the absence of color. Everyday, at RCP we strive for a future that will inspire artists to keep creating fine art and stand out among others as an individual artist and commit to growing their niche in the artworld. By entering this show you’ll support the growth of a non-profit artist-based printmaking community, future residencies and internships for local students.
“Divergent INK: Black & White International Print Show, Autumn 2017” will be on view October 13th – December 7th; This will be a Juried show, with limited acceptance. Deadline for entries is September 10th by 5pm through email or Google Docs.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Submissions Deadline: Sunday, September 10th, 2017
Acceptance Notification: Friday, September 15th, 2017
Accepted Prints Deadline: Monday, October 9th, 2017
Opening Reception: Friday, October 13th from 5-8pm
On view: October 13th- December 7th Autumn 2017
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
*Prints must display an excellent use of printmaking processes and techniques.
*Prints must display only Black & White Ink with gray values accepted.
* Selected prints will encompass artistic diversity in size, orientation and location throughout the world.
* Maximum size of prints is 29”x41” Below this size anything is acceptable and there is no size or orientation requirement.
* All prints must have been created within one year of our submission deadline on Sunday September 10th 2017.
* Only original fine art prints are eligible; reproductions of other artwork in the form of digital prints are not acceptable.
$45 for first 3 entries
$10 for each additional entry under 20X30 paper size
$15 for each additional entry over 20X30 paper size.
All RCP members receive one discounted $10 entry! Become a member today at www.rubbercityprints.com
All accepted entries will be listed in an exhibition online show catalog.
Best of Show: A solo exhibition at Rubber City Prints, Print supplies gift basket, $250 voucher towards RCP workshops.
Second Place, Distinction Award: 2 Free future entries, $100 voucher to RCP workshops.
Third Place, Merit Award: $50 workshop voucher at RCP
Honorable Mentions (2): $25 workshop voucher at RCP
Ways to Pay
1. Online at www.rubbercityprints.com via Pay Pal
2. In person at our shop any Sunday September 10th 11am-5pm via Square Reader, cash, or check. Any questions please contact [email protected] 330-269-9837
3. Make a check payable to Rubber City Prints and send to 467 W. Market St. Akron, OH 44303, Must be received by September 10th to participate.
*All checks and forms of payment must be received by September 10th.
Title the document file: Last,First Name.doc, please submit a word doc. or send this information via Google Docs to [email protected] (see form below)
Name each image as follows: artist’s last name_first name_title_number of entry. For example: Bryce_Brenna_Presence_Moment_01
Must be clear, accurately displaying the work and done in a professional manner.
Image resolution at 72 dpi and in jpeg format, the largest dimension at 1000 pixels.