The exhibition will run from December 1, 2017 to January 27, 2018 and will be held at the Wayne Art Center, 413 Maplewood Avenue, Wayne, PA, 19087, 610-688-3553, www.craftforms.org.
The 23rd international juried exhibition is dedicated to enhancing the public’s awareness of contemporary craft while providing a venue for established and emerging artists alike to share their functional and sculptural creative endeavors.
Juror – Nora Atkinson, The Lloyd Herman Curator of Craft, Renwick Gallery, Smithsonian American Art Museum. Atkinson was previously the curator of the Bellevue Arts Museum in Bellevue, Washington (2006-2014) where her curatorial work focused on art, craft and design. Presently at the Smithsonian, Atkinson was part of the team responsible for the recent renovation of the Renwick Gallery, the museum’s branch for contemporary craft and decorative art. She was the curatorial lead for the 2016 reinstallation of the contemporary craft permanent collection galleries and for the exhibition “Visions and Revisions: The 2016 Renwick Invitational.”
1. Open to all professional artists working in clay, fiber, quilt, glass, metal, jewelry, wood, 3D printing, and/or mixed media crafts.
2. Work submitted must be innovative and original in design. Work derivative of other artists or work created in a workshop with the aid of an instructor is not acceptable.
3. Works submitted must have been completed after January 1, 2015. If the work was accepted into a previous Craft Forms exhibitions, this work CANNOT be re-submitted for this or future Craft Forms.
4. Collaborative work is accepted. Please include all artists’ names on the on-line application.
5. Please contact WAC if the artist has an excessively large and/or complex installation. If the work requires carpentry and/or painting to the gallery walls or a specially built pedestal/armature or installation request, these additional expenses will be paid by the artist.
6. No accepted work may be picked up before the closing of the exhibition.
7. Art work must be available for sale during the length of the exhibition.
8. If artwork is sold during the jurying acceptance process, the Wayne Art Center will retain 40% of the retail price.
9. Work damaged in shipping or hand delivery may not be presented based on extent of deterioration. Artist will be contacted immediately by WAC if damage is recorded.
10. Withdrawal of accepted work by the artist prior to the exhibition will result in exclusion from exhibiting at WAC for the following year (2018).
11. All artwork submitted online to Craft Forms must be available for the entire duration of the jurying process and show. If the piece is accepted to both Craft Forms and a simultaneously running show, the piece must only be exhibited in Craft Forms. Please double check submission dates of all shows in order not to have overlapping dates.
12. Wayne Art Center reserves the right to reject entries that do not meet the requirements. Shipped work that differs from work accepted from digital submission will be disqualified. All accepted work must have proper identification.
Our efforts to cultivate organizations that acknowledge artists in various disciplines are ongoing. We are very pleased to announce $8,000+ in prize awards this year. The juror, Nora Atkinson, will select the award winners on December 1, 2017.