Register now to paint in the third annual Capitola Plein Air juried competition, exhibition and sale, November 1st-5th, 2017. The fall is a beautiful time of year on the Central Coast! The event includes four days to paint, an artists’ mixer, and an indoor exhibition and competition judged by artist Laurie Kersey. More info at capitolapleinair.com
Registration deadline: Tuesday, September 5th, 2017.
Register at onlinejuriedshows.com/Default.aspx?OJSID=13858
• The entry fee is $50. Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
• Artists will be notified of acceptance by September 15, 2017.
• 1st Place: winning entry will be purchased for $1,500, added to the City’s public art collection, and may be featured in subsequent promotion for the event.
• 2nd Place: winning entry will be purchased for $800, and added to the City’s public art collection.
• Honorable Mentions: Ribbon only.
• People Choice, Artists Choice and others: varies.
• Artists may sell their works, provided they were painted during the course of the event.
• The commission on sales is 30%, with artists retaining 70% of sale price.
• The registration process is juried, and artists work will be reviewed. Not all entrants will be invited to attend.
• Works in any medium are welcome in the competition and exhibition/sale.
• You may paint any subject from any location, outdoors, within Capitola city limits. You may also paint views of Capitola from a distance!
• Saturday, November 4th is a mandatory painting day, 10am-2 pm.
• No hosted lodging or transportation is provided to artists.